SUNDAY, Jan. 19, 2020 "Jazz Supports Music for Dementia"
Sunday Afternoon, 2-4pm, at the Unity Spiritual Center in Bellingham, WA Featuring world renowned jazz guitar legend: JOHN STOWELL, Award-winning musicians singer/pianist CHERYL HODGE and drummer JERRY STEINHILBER!
Fundraiser event for the Dementia Singalong Therapy Program at the Unity Spiritual Center! Jazz greats John Stowell, Jerry Steinhilber and Cheryl Hodge join forces for a delightful afternoon at the Unity Spiritual Center. Silent auction; great food. Suggested donation at the door: $20. Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/789847421425182/ LOCATION OF EVENT: Unity Spiritual Center of Bellingham, 1095 Telegraph Rd, Bellingham, Washington 98226
TO MAKE A DONATION: We are now both a Federal Charity 501(c)(3) EIN# 83-3442931; as well as a non-profit in the state of Wash. (U.B.I.# 604-387-138) DONATE and receive Cheryl Hodge's new song here: "To Walk In My Shoes (Dementia Blues)" OR donate thru Paypal and support our projects through our general fund: Thank you so much for your interest in supporting the program I developed. I have FIVE choirs, and counting! Donations tax deductible! Money goes towards funds for community and national projects such as tours and training programs. https://paypal.com/us/fundraiser/charity/387492
PRESENT "MEMORY CHOIR SCHEDULE" where Cheryl Hodge directs music:
(Private Memory Care Units & Retirement Centers):
Lynden Christian Center
3:45 - 5pm
Bellingham at Orchard
Pegasus at Cordata Court
2019 MUSIC & DEMENTIA TOUR: Funds are still needed to help pay for a cross-country trip that was made earlier last year (Aug. 10 - Sept. 1 cross country Dementia Singalong Awareness Tour). On tour there were presentations, radio shows and doing memory choirs in the following cities:
- Monday, Aug. 12 - Kellogg, ID, Mountain Valley of Cascadia (private)
- Tuesday, Aug. 13 - Coeur D'Alene, ID, PUBLIC, 11:30-1pm, Unity Spiritual Center of N. Idaho
- Thursday, Aug. 15 - Missoula, MT, Village Senior Residence (private)
- Friday, Aug. 16 - Missoula, MT, Springs Living memory care (private)
- Saturday, Aug. 17 - Billings, MT, West Park Village (private)
- Monday, Aug. 19 - Madison, WI, Brookdale (private)
- Tuesday, Aug. 20- 26 - Blue Lake Michigan area (look for updates on this)
- Thurs. Aug 28 - Madison, WI, Brookdale (private)
- Saturday, Aug 31 - Billings, MT, Springs at Grand Park (private)
Recently, Cheryl has written, recorded and produced a song called: "To Walk In My Shoes (Dementia Blues)". She will be promoting our cause and playing the song on Community Radio across the country! (The song is currently being mastered in L.A.! This is an extremely well produced song - and every single gifted musician DONATED their time on the project!
In other news: A program which will allow people to obtain certification for teaching this method is well underway. Stay tuned. Could start as early as January, 2020.